Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bun is 'Out' of the Oven!

I heard from a friend that another friend of ours that has been pregnant throughout the entire summer had her baby girl! I bet she is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet her.

Their is something so special about a new baby-almost magical. These little 'packages' that emerge from the mother and into their arms. It always amazes me.

From where exactly do they come from? Naturally, I understand the biological side of things--but there's got to be something beyond that.

I will never (in all of the days of my life) forget the exact moment I met each of my three kids for the very first time.

I love the phrase a 'bun in (or out of) the oven' to refer to a baby in it's mother's womb. I spend a lot of my time in the kitchen not only baking but preparing lots of meals too and I have found over the years that my kids (a long ago bun in the oven themselves) come to me so often to ask for help on something, to chat with me or to ask for a ride to a friends while I am in the kitchen.

It is a place where I often have a 'real' bun in the oven-like a cake or some cookies. In fact, I have lots of cookies to bake this morning for a party tomorrow.

But first, to my dear friend, I wish you the very best with your new little 'bun' who is no longer in your 'oven'. I wish your family the smoothest transition possible in having a new baby in the house and I wish you lasting friendship and joy with your new daughter.

No comments: