Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chicken with Ricotta & Pesto over a Tomato, Lime Vinaigrette & Dinner as a Family!

We have a pretty hectic schedule although I strongly believe in the importance of having dinner as a family so I try to make it happen as often as possible.
As simple as it is I think it does matter that I offer my family good food. It may not be fancy every night but when we do get a chance to share a meal I like to catch up with my family and turn the tv off so we have a chance to reconnect.
Tonight I made a yummy chicken dish that might sound like it's on the fancy side but it was super easy and the kids liked it. Give this recipe a try some time soon and let me know if you like it.
Chicken with Ricotta & Pesto over a Tomato, Lime Vinaigrette
Boneless chicken breasts, 6
12 oz. ricotta
3 Tbsp. pesto
Mix the ricotta with the pesto in a small bowl
Cut a slit in the center of the chicken and stuff it with the pesto, ricotta mix.
Place in a baking dish, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
Bake at a 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes
For the Tomato, Lime Vinaigrette
6 oz. diced tomatoes
juice from one lime
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
salt and pepper
Place in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Spoon onto the plate and place the baked chicken on top. Serve with fresh leafy greens and rice pilaf.

No comments: