Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Anonymous Cards & Bagels with Egg, Cheese & Bacon

I snuck out of my warm bed extra early this morning to pull together a special breakfast for my kids. I decided to dip large strawberries in melted milk chocolate and make one of their favorites: toasted honey wheat bagel sandwiches filled with bacon, scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese.
I figured it was the least I could do on this chilly Valentine's morning as they headed off for school.
Sophia spent the weekend making the most precious hand written, thoughtful love letters to each person in her class. I suggested I could buy her any kind of card she wanted but she was determined to make them all on her own. Each card has become a sweet work of art.
I read an article recently that suggested as a random act of kindness to anonymously leave Valentine cards on people's windshields in a parking lot. I decided to give it a try. It's a fun way to do something special for someone else. I only left a few and I'm pretty sure no one saw me!

No comments: