Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rilke's Wisdom, My Favorite Tree & Good 'Cookie' Karma!


" Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, for they could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps, then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without noticing it, live your way into the answer." ~ Rainer Marie Rilke
The weather was unexpectedly pleasant today. It was warmer and the sun was extra bright. Sophia and I spent a good hour or so in the yard raking leaves together. (I know! The leaves should be raked in the fall, however, the cold hit fast and hard this year and we were simply playing catch-up).
While we worked in the yard I decided to take a picture of my favorite tree. I can see it best from in the house, from either at my desk or through the upstairs bathroom window. But today, it was fun for Sophia and I to stand below it and look up and take it's picture. I thought I would share it with you.
As for Good Cookie Karma, I love to bake cookies for people and drop them off unexpectedly. Recently, I sent a batch in the mail to a high school friend who did a favor for me that I really appreciate. Today I dropped off a batch of Celebration Cookies to my mechanic because he managed to fix my car in a short period of time for a really decent price--dropping off a batch of cookies seemed like good Karma.

No comments: