Friday, February 4, 2011

One Eskimo, Cabin Fever & Baking!




It has been grey, cold, icy and wet for most of the week here on Cape Cod. The thing I like the least about that is we don't go outdoors as much and cabin fever seems to set in. The pictures show my attempts to make the best of staying indoors. The kids were dismissed from school early on Tuesday then Wednesday was a big mess of slush and ice around my neighborhood. I've been listening to a CD by the band One Eskimo that I've really been enjoying and one of the songs is called "Simple Day".
It felt like such a simple day on Wednesday when all I did was tend to the fire, work on my lesson plan for class and bake a large batch of "Celebration Cookies".
I decided to bake those because they remind me so much of the summer. The kids were happy because they ended up eating them all.

No comments: