Friday, July 8, 2011

Sandy Neck Beach, Cookies for Sale & Friends!

"Friendship isn't a big thing-it's a million little things". - Author Unknown

I'm so grateful for so many of my friends- people in my life who are willing to be authentic, helpful and supportive. I find it's so important to make sure I strike a balance between give and take with each of my friends so that there exists a reciprocity between us.
I'm also aware that not everyone in my life is a true friend and that some are mere acquaintances. Different friends fill different needs and that's OK.
I went down to Sandy Neck Beach over the July 4th weekend to meet up with an old friend. It was good to reconnect. The weather was such a blessing on Cape Cod over the 4th. We couldn't have asked for better weather. They have a Winnebago they park out on the sand and offer an open invitation for friends to come down to visit. It's become a fun tradition to spend at least part of my July 4th weekend out there. The fireworks in Falmouth were really good this year too. My daughter said, "July fourth is my favorite holiday" as I helped her get ready for bed late Monday night.
As for my cookies for sale, I sold them at the Coonamessett Farm Store and at the Pavilion on the bike path. I made a new acquaintance this week and it was fun to bake a batch of cookies and offer them as a gift as we talked over coffee.

No comments: