Sunday, January 8, 2012

Friday Lunch Club

"Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable."
~ Ina Garten, 'The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook'

I relate so well to this quote by Ina. It reflects the same basic ideas I've shared in "Sweeter by the Beach", "Meet me in My Cape Cod Kitchen" and the many articles I've written and published over the past few years like For the Love of Lobster, Fun & Fabulous Holiday Gifts, Comforts of Baking and most recently Food as Gift.

Sharing food for me, really is about making people feel comfortable.

Over the Holidays, I went to a party where an acquaintance told me about a Friday Lunch Club. She gathers girlfriends once a month and invites them over for lunch on a Friday. The idea is to make and share one of your favorite recipes, print up copies of it and send guests home with it so they can make at a later time.

I thought it was such a simple and fun way to get girlfriends together. So I've decided to host a Friday Lunch Club at my house this Friday. For this first one, I'm going to keep it simple: home made soup, a vegetable quiche and one of my favorite cakes that I don't make very often: a layered banana cake with chocolate frosting.

No comments: