Friday, January 20, 2012

Never the Same Pie Twice!





"Any time of the day is a good time for pie."- Fabienne, Pulp Fiction






My kids were home from school on Monday. It gave me a chance to get a few things cooked and baked to have around the house for the week.



I baked a Cranberry Apple pie (pictured here) and I realized that I've never baked the same pie twice. I always make it more from what seems most fresh at the market and what I have on hand than a recipe.


I used fresh cranberries, apples, lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice and a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon. If I use lots of fresh fruit it's bound to turn out yummy! I like the way the tart of the lemon juice balances out the sweetness of the fruit.


Last weekend, I was invited to a fun birthday party with a group of friends. We stayed at the fancy and well-known Chatham Bars Inn. It was a lot of fun to get away for a little bit. My friend asked me to bake something sweet to share and I decided to take along my Celebration Cookies. We went out to dinner and went into town to listen to a band. We ended up having the cookies with coffee for breakfast as we spent time chatting about the night before.


The cottage we stayed in overlooked the ocean and it had snowed but it was still bright and sunny. It was a perfect winter Cape Cod morning.

No comments: