Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, Easy Recipe for Chocolate Shortbread & Cake Balls!





"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want." ~Irish Toast






I baked Chocolate Cake Balls yesterday (pictured here). I'd been so busy baking for others throughout the holiday season that I never got around to making these for my kids and they are one of their favorites.



I like the sentiment in the Irish Toast because my friends have always been such an important part of my life. I have a couple of friends that I am still close to today from early grade school. It is such a blessing to have good friends.



As for the Recipe for Chocolate Shortbread I wanted to share it here because I plan to bake it later today for a New Year's Dinner I'm making to celebrate my son's birthday. I'm making a black pepper roast, garlic mashed potatoes and a spinach & feta quiche. I thought the shortbread's would be something simple and yummy to go along with it.



Chocolate Shortbread



(with these you may have to begin any new year diets tomorrow)


1 cup butter


3/4 cup confectioner's sugar


1 teaspoon vanilla


3 ounces milk chocolate, melted and slightly cooled


2 cups all purpose flour



In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, until light and smooth. Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate. Stir in flour until just blended. Spread into a greased 13x9 baking dish and bake at 300 degrees for about 40 or so minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.


No comments: