Saturday, October 6, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

We all need them- even though most of us feel a litte 'guilty' when we allow ourselves to indulge in them. Those things in life that bring us pleasure but make us feel a little 'naughty' for doing them. I turned 39 this year--a number that seems to shock me more than anyone else. My little guilty pleasures include: Watching American Idol, My Sugar Cookies, Making a peice of Art when there is a ton of laundry to be done, Buying a new pair of shoes when I know I don't need them but they'll look good and getting a book in hard cover from Inkwell Bookstore in Falmouth-eventhough I know that if I had a little more patience I could either order it from my library or wait until it comes out in paperback. I just picked up a book by Augusten Burrough's brother-John Elder Robison called "Look Me in the Eye". So far it's a great read. The way I see it we all deserve a few little guilty pleasures now & then and the plus side of turning 39 is I don't really feel that guilty anymore when I indulge in one of these 'guilty' little pleasures.

What pleasure can you indulge in -something that simply makes you feel good- and promise to do it with out added guilt?

No comments: