Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quick Idea for Leftover Halloween Candy!

We've decided to invite some friends over tomorrow to watch Football. Although, it has been a touch and go kind of week with all the 'bugs' going around. We'll see.
Later today, I am going to get a batch of chili started and have meatballs and sub rolls on hand. I found a delicious recipe for a new salad that I'm going to try with lettuce, pepperoni and white beans. If plans do get cancelled due to sickness-at least I will have a head start on dinners for the week!
It's going to be one of those Incredible Cape Cod kind of days I live for-sunny and a slight chill in the air.
It's funny how much our kids change as they grow. I told my youngest I wanted her help on Saturday to start raking all the leaves in the yard. Her immediate reply with a huge smile: "YEAH! I can't wait!"
I mentioned to my oldest that I was hoping for a little help in the yard and he said, "AAH! MOM-- Not on Saturday!"
Hopefully, I can convince him to help for a bit before he's off with a friend: either riding his bike or playing football, off looking for adventure!
Here is my quick idea for what to do with leftover candy. I make chocolate cupcakes. I fill the cups half way with cake batter then drop in a piece of Halloween candy in the center. I am using nestle crunch but Snickers, peanut butter cups and Hershey bars work just as well too. I fill the cups all the way then bake, cool and frost!
You'll have to try it for your self to see how good they are!

No comments: