Friday, March 5, 2010

Lemon Cake, Sugar Cookies & Come Back Sun!

My new semester of teaching has started again this week and I haven't given much thought to my oven-except for the delicious sour cream and green sauce enchiladas I baked us for dinner last night. I am at home today and since we have not had the pleasure of the sun's company in over three days I've decided to start a fire in the kitchen fireplace.
I am baking my delicious lemon cake and sugar cookies for an annual dinner party tonight with my writing group.
You can't really tell from the picture but it has been snowing constantly for at least two days! It's not really amounting to much because even though the sun hasn't been out it's really not that cold-just gray and wet!
They say the sun will be returning tomorrow for a few days at least--maybe Sophia will get a chance to play on her play set again soon and I'll be happy because I really miss the sun.

No comments: