Monday, March 22, 2010

My Kitchen, Movies with the Girls & Cookies!

On Sunday the only way I managed to get my house full of sleepy heads up and out of bed was to go into my kitchen and bake banana bread and cheddar cheese & feta omelette's.
Sophia and I make a great team. She helped set the table and when the food was just about done she went around to let everyone know that breakfast was ready. Her sweet smiling face and the smell of the good food got everyone moving.
Over the weekend we finally gathered for book club and saw Shutter Island. It was pretty good. It was hard to tell though how well I would have followed the plot had I not just read the book. Afterwards, we gathered for wine and appetizers to chat about the movie. I brought a fresh batch of mini chocolate chip cookies to share. It's fun having a group to discuss a common book with. Next up on our reading list is "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett-I feel lucky this month because that is the same book my work book club is reading.
I met up with a woman my daughter Bella and I are friendly with from Church and surprised her with a spring gift-a package of cookies and a signed copy of my recipe book. She enjoys baking so I thought she might like to give some of my recipes a try.

No comments: