Friday, February 1, 2008

Lucid Dreams, Memories & Ta-dah!

I had the strangest dream last night. Family that I hardly see stopped by unexpectedly to bring me cheesecake! In the dream I tried a bite of each. I was also 'lucid dreaming' -where I knew at the time I was dreaming and in my dream I was 'thinking'. The thought I had in the dream was why are these people here and why did they bring me cheesecake?

Lucid dreaming refers to an awareness that you know you are in a dream. Years ago, I read a book on 'Lucid Dreaming' - I sought it out after the first time I had this type of experience.

I woke this morning recalling real time memories I have of these family members. I saw them often as a child. We went to there house for many Christmas Eve parties, birthdays and summer cookouts. I remember them always having amazing and delicious deserts. As a kid, it all looked so effortless. I just enjoyed eating them. Now I know how much labor it all took to put those treats together.

My Ta-dah for today is that I have already completed the baking tasks I set out for myself this week. I have made Lemon Cakes, Cranberry Biscotti with white Chocolate, Dreamy Island Cookies and of course the Special Valentine Heart Sugar Cookies.

No comments: