Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oven is on Today & Comforts of Baking

Nora Ephron, American Journalist said, “What I love about cooking is that after a hard day, there is something comforting about the fact that if you melt butter and add flour and then hot stock, it will get thick! It's a sure thing! It's a sure thing in a world where nothing is sure; it has a mathematical certainty in a world where those of us who long for some kind of certainty are forced to settle for crossword puzzles".

In this vein I am making best banana bread and a batch of jumbo chocolate chip cookies to take with us on our winter vacation. Well at least for the ride to the airport.

Kids love little comforts of home to take with on the road and my baked goods never last long. I would extend what Ephron said to any kind of baking too. I think my oven may be a little lonely without me or maybe the truth is I am going to miss my oven (a little) while we are away.

Luckily, I have a new client to bake for when I return.

No comments: