Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Eyes, Gratitude & Finding Blog

Marcel Proust said, The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. Every once in a while life can get a little out of focus and what is sometimes needed is an ability to have this new set of eyes.

I've always highly valued my friendships. In my experience friends have been like home for me- a second family. Sometimes it's easy to make mistakes with people who mean so much to us. An unintended slight, a misunderstanding or just plain busyness can deeply harm people we care about.

Natalie Goldberg said, Over and over, we have to go back to the beginning. We should not be ashamed of this. It is good. It is like drinking water.

Maybe a new set of eyes means going back to the beginning to remember why we have certain people in our lives in the first place. Showing gratitude and making amends to our friends when called for is part of both having new eyes and going back to the beginning.

Last night, two people asked me, 'well, how will people find your blog?' I told them by either buying my cakes and cookies-I now have a sticker that displays the address on the packaging or by word of mouth. If those two people told everyone they knew and they logged on to read the blog and then those two told two others and so on and so forth --by next summer I could have a very large community of 'bloggers' who visit the page and links.

No comments: