Sunday, November 25, 2007

Seven's on Beacon Hill & Funny Story

The trip into Boston turned out to be a lot of fun. We started the day with a quick trip to Starbuck's for white chocolate peppermint mocha's. We decided to park the car and ride the commuter rail in. Among other things we had lunch at Seven's on Beacon Hill. Our waitress told us they were a lot like "Cheers" but for the locals.

We walked all over the City. People were ice skating on the Common, street dancers were performing at Fanueil Hall and a folk singer sang inside the food court at Quincy Market.

The thing that stands out the most about yesterday was a funny encounter we had with what I perceived as a homeless guy. He was sitting on a stone wall on Charles St. He caught our eye at first because he was happily enjoying a large bag of M&M's. He looked up at me and said, "would you like some M&M's"? I smiled and told him no thanks. He then went on to tell me that he saw me a few days ago and that he was glad he ran into me again, because he thought I was pretty and he wanted me to know. The three of us laughed, said good-bye and continued on.

As we walked I thought, I didn't have the heart to tell him that there was no way he could have seen me a few days ago. We looked back at him and he was still enjoying his M&M's. The ground he sat on must have been freezing. But, he didn't seem to have a care in the world.

No comments: