Thursday, November 29, 2007

Simply Delicious Recipe: Banana-Sour Cream Pie

This morning I've been combing my recipe books for a yummy treat to serve at my husband's birthday party that the kids and I are hosting at our house over the weekend. I came across this pie recipe that I haven't made in years. I do remember how delicious it is. I'm not going to use it for the party because bananas are not my husbands first choice in a desert. But want to share it here for any banana cream pie lovers that might be out there.

Banana Sour-Cream Pie

The Crust:

1 package of crushed graham crackers
6 Tbs. melted butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/2 c. finely chopped almonds

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Press firmly into a 9 inch pie pan, building up thick sides to a nice edge.

The Filling:

12 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 c packed light brown sugar
3/4 c mashed, ripe banana
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/4 c sour cream

Beat together all ingredients until well-blended. Pour into crust; chill 3-4 hours at least, overnight chilling ideal.

No comments: