Monday, December 10, 2007

Biscotti, Anagrams & Winter

It's almost winter and I am trying to find alternative loves. My first love is long lazy days of summer by the beach when the kids seem happy to play for hours.
I love to make cranberry biscotti. After I learned how to make my own biscotti- I was surprised at how easy it is. I make it with white chocolate chips in the cookie itself and then I drizzle melted white chocolate on top. It's pretty yummy. Biscotti is nothing more than a twice baked cookie.
Earlier today I came across a fun website-www.anagramgenius.com. Anagrams are simply when you take the letters of a word and you mix up the letters to create a different word-different meaning. I typed in The West Falmouth Baking Company and the anagram offered was wealthy humpback of not steaming.
I found that interesting because when I dreamt up my little cape cod baking business I imagined that I would sell whale shaped sugar cookies to just about everyone and anyone who crossed over the bridge to Cape Cod. Who knows, maybe by next summer. Who wouldn't want a whale sugar cookie?
For now, it's back to winter. I caught part of a movie over the weekend on HBO called "Catch and Release"-overall the movie was nothing to write home about but there was this cool character whose job it was to choose and place those little quotes on Celestial Seasonings Tea Boxes. I thought now that would be a cool job. I happen to have a box of tea in front of me. The quote reads, "Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius"~ Pietro Aretino.

No comments: