Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Women: Amazing & Beautiful!

Last night I stopped by a friends house because they were having there annual holiday open house. At least 200 people must have stopped by there home throughout the night. The woman's house looked gorgeous. The food, desert and punch were all amazing! This is a woman with four children. I asked her if she did all the baking and she said she did. As a baker, I get how much work it all is. As far as decorating I know she has a passion for it so she took care of that too. Not only did she have a cute outfit on she was available for friendly conversation as well. I felt truly in awe of this woman. Her passion, heart and love for her family and friends were obvious!
I took a Feminism class in College. The class explored remarkable women throughout history. At the time, I was still a girl-not quite fully a 'woman'. Looking back, I have such a better appreciation of there accomplishments now that I know what women in general are expected of.
Women have always worked hard. We just haven't always been recognized for it. John Muir said about beauty that everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. I would say this is especially true for women.
I think women are at there most beautiful when they not only care for others but care for themselves too! The holidays can be challenging for women. We take care of a lot of things that no one else is going to do. Today, in honor of all women I will balance my baking and holiday
shopping with not only a steaming hot bubble bath but candles and a cup of hot tea too.

No comments: