Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Candy Cane Sugar Cookies & Dancing

As I build my baking empire I try to keep cash flowing with forays into freelance writing. I received a 'call' yesterday-it wasn't an actual call more like an email-does anyone use the telephone anymore? -to write an article about Dance.
When I received that my very first thought was something I did when I was pregnant with my son. When I was a kid my two sisters and I always loved to dance. We never took formal classes but we did hold our mother hostage for many impromptu living room recitals.
One afternoon, while pregnant my younger sister and I were driving and "It's Raining Men" came on the radio. We pulled to the side of the road and blasted the radio. My sister and I jumped out of the car and danced like wild jumping beans right on the side of the road. We laughed a lot. It was a gorgeous day. Cars honked. We didn't care. We were having fun. Since this tale won't find its way into the article I decided to 'share' it here.
As for Candy Cane Sugar Cookies, I am making these for my daughter's christmas party at her preschool. You make a good sugar cookie dough and roll the cookies into long thin shapes. Then you roll the dough in crushed peppermint candies. These are the kind of cookies that make my middle daughter proud to have me as her mom.

No comments: